Re: Use of /etc/services?

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use of /etc/services?
Date: 2002-06-08 17:25:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> This is inconsistent with the official IANA assignment which reads

Thanks. I'll update my services file and check all those I come into
contact with. I'll check if a new install if Redhat 7.3 has the correct
entries this weekend.

> postgresql 5432/tcp # PostgreSQL Database
> postqresql 5432/udp # PostgreSQL Database
> # Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
>
> (The spelling might have been fixed by now.)

It is corrected.

> You should probably file a bug report for your OS.

Interesting. I've never done this before. Most of the problems like this
I see after someone else has repored them. Maybe I'll get my 5 minutes
of fame.

Cheers,
Rod
--
Please don't tell my mother I'm a System Administrator.
She thinks I play piano in a bordello.