Re: Replication status

From: Steven Singer <ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication status
Date: 2002-05-28 17:43:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Michael Meskes wrote:

> This is about pgreplication I think. Is the the replication project of
> choice for pgsql? IIRC there quite some projects for this topic:
>
> PostgreSQL replicator
> Rserver
> Usogres
> dbbalancer

There's also DBMirror which I submitted to the contrib directory just
after the 7.2 release. I got an email last month saying that it had been
applied against the 7.3 tree but I don't see it there.

Its a trigger based lazy replication system and has all the associated
drawbacks but works for master-slave. I've been working on adding
selective replication to it and hope to be able to release another version
of that in June.

--
Steven Singer ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com
Aircraft Performance Systems Phone: 519-747-1170 ext 282