Re: 7.3 schedule

From: Brian Bruns <camber(at)ais(dot)org>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>, Ashley Cambrell <ash(at)freaky-namuh(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3 schedule
Date: 2002-04-12 01:04:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11 Apr 2002, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> IIRC someone started work on modularising the network-related parts with
> a goal of supporting DRDA (DB2 protocol) and others in future.

That was me, although I've been bogged down lately, and haven't been able
to get back to it. DRDA, btw, is not just a DB2 protocol but an opengroup
spec that hopefully will someday be *the* standard on the wire database
protocol. DRDA handles prepare/execute and is completely binary in
representation, among other advantages.

Brian