time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)

From: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)
Date: 2002-02-12 17:43:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Repost...sorry if it goes to the list twice.

We are seeing a problem with the ODBC driver.

Using this table:

create table tst
( col1 date,
col2 time);

and inserting values (rows) into the date and time columns.

When using the PostreSQL ODBC driver version 07.01.0007 against both a 7.2
and 7.1.3 database server, a select * from tst returns the date value for
col1 correctly, but returns the current date for col2 (which obviously is
wrong).

Interestingly, we have a system that has (had) a driver we had downloaded
from GreatBridge ODBC and it was working fine until we installed the PostgreSQL
driver onto it.

Is this a known problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,
--