Mirroring with WAL?

From: Giles Constant <gilesc(at)hyperlink-interactive(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mirroring with WAL?
Date: 2001-10-17 12:28:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi guys,

I've seen a lot of traffic around the developer lists about performing
live backups by duplicating the WAL control files, but no examples of this
actually working. I don't need instant fallback or any of the funky stuff
listed in the TODO file, but I need to build a database which is no less
than 10 minutes out of date. The source database has several gigabytes of
data in it, so a pg_dump isn't really good enough :-)

Has anybody managed this?

--
Giles Constant, Systems Programmer
Hyperlink Interactive