Re: cvs problem

From: John Summerfield <pgtest(at)os2(dot)ami(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs problem
Date: 2001-10-01 23:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> > The one thing I can't check is the anoncvs directory. Not sure if that
> > is the same as the CVS directory.
>
> It is the anoncvs server that's broken. The committers don't seem to be
> having any problem with accesses to the primary server. I suspect that
> there's a umask or group-membership issue on the anoncvs machine only.

It seems you don't have to be new here to be a bit peeved about things;-(

I'm peeved because I found instructions on how to checkout with anonymous CVS and did so a few times.

I had a find old time finding and reporting problems (with the software).

Then CVS stopped working because someone thought it a fine idea to reorganise the directory structure, to change the CVSROOT. No matter the user who had the old one stored on their computers.

I've report it twice, pointing out that what I did before worked, and that I was doing coincided with what the web pages said.

There was discussion that the web pages were wrong and who's job it was to fix. As an invited guest, I reckon it's the CVS repository that is wrong. It's wrong because it's different from what worked before.

Time to get your act together fellas.