UTF-8 patch for PgTcl (was: Patch for pl/tcl ...)

From: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vsevolod Lobko <seva(at)sevasoft(dot)kiev(dot)ua>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: UTF-8 patch for PgTcl (was: Patch for pl/tcl ...)
Date: 2001-09-07 15:18:50
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> FYI, I can easily back out the recently applied UTF patch.
> Just let me know.

I think Vsevolod is working on a new patch pl/tcl.

The attached patch should be sufficient to fix libpgtcl. It requires
PostgreSQL to support unicode-conversion, but retains binary
compatibility among Tcl versions.

However, it neither checks at compile time not at runtime, if support
for unicode-conversion does really exist and it doesn't prevent the
user from changing the client encoding after initialization. I think
there should be warnings about this somewhere in the documentation.

cu
Reinhard

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgtcl-utf8.patch text/plain 738 bytes