Re: Bug in createlang?

From: David Wheeler <David(at)Wheeler(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, "Thomas T(dot) Veldhouse" <veldy(at)veldy(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in createlang?
Date: 2001-09-06 13:22:22
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does anyone have a comment on this? I wrote it a month ago.

I'm no authority on security, but it seems to me that PosgreSQL ought to
require the setting of an administrative password. IIRC, some of the
commercial database products have default passwords, but those are a
frequent security problem, since admins oft forget to change them. But I
don't mind setting the root password when I install my RedHat or Yellow
Dog system, so I don't think I'll mind setting it when I install Postgres.

Just MHO.

Regards,

David

--