createdb

From: Greg Donald <greg(at)destiney(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: createdb
Date: 2001-07-25 05:18:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I install Postgresql from source. It was fairly painless. I have
postmaster up and running as an unpriveledged user 'ralph'. I recompiled
PHP to add Postgresql support, that went swell too.

Next, I wanted to create a new database name Test. Do I do this as root,
as my new user 'ralph', or as my regular unix username? I want the owner
of the database to be fairly unpriveledged too since I plan to access this
database with PHP.

It's sort of confusing in the docs, when I try the examples I'm not
allowed to create a database. I haven't tried as root yet, wanted to ask
for some help first.

Can someone clear up my confusion?

Thanks,
Greg

  • Re: createdb at 2001-07-25 07:25:34 from Alessio Bragadini