Don't want blank data

From: David Olbersen <dave(at)slickness(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Don't want blank data
Date: 2001-01-25 19:05:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Greetings,
Is there a way to have postgresql always return a value for each row
requested? To be more clear, if I were using a Perl SQL hybrid I would write
something like

SELECT computer_ip or 'unset' FROM computers;

So that if computers.computer_ip is NULL or '' I will get 'unset' back from
the database. I hope this makes sense and somebody can point me in a good
direction

-- Dave