Re: "make report"

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "make report"
Date: 2002-04-24 18:14:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart writes:

> Right. The two areas which come to mind are integer availability and the
> timezone support (as you might know we support *three* different time
> zone models). At the moment, none of the developers know the features
> supported on the platforms we claim to support. Which platforms do not
> have int8 support still?

"Still" is the wrong word. There used to be platforms with certain areas
of trouble, and those platforms don't go away.

But since you asked: QNX 4 and SCO OpenServer are known to lack 8 byte
integers.

> Which do not have time zone interfaces fitting
> into the two "zonefull" styles? I'd like to know, but istm that the
> people *with* the platforms could do this much more easily than those
> without. What am I missing here??

I don't think polling users this way will yield reliable results. If you
really want to find out, break something and see if someone complains.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net