Re: Operators and schemas

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Operators and schemas
Date: 2002-04-16 22:33:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fernando Nasser writes:

> I agree. And for Entry level SQL'92 we are done -- only tables, views
> and grants are required. The multiple schemas per user is already
> an intermediate SQL feature -- for intermediate SQL'92 we would still
> need domains and a character set specification.
>
> For SQL'99, we would have to add types, functions and triggers
> (only triggers are not part of Core SQL'99, but I would not leave them out).

I can hardly believe that we want to implement this just to be able to
check off a few boxes on the SQL-compliance test. Once you have the
ability to use a fixed list of statements in this context it should be
easy to allow a more or less arbitrary list. Especially if they all start
with the same key word it should be possible to parse this.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net