Re: Reverting SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION command

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reverting SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION command
Date: 2002-02-24 23:32:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> The syntax that comes to mind offhand is
> SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT;
> but perhaps someone has a better idea.

My first thought had been RESET SESSION ... but both are fine, and they're
equivalent for all the other SET commands.

> BTW, I think it's well past time to make pg_dump use SET SESSION
> AUTHORIZATION by default, or even always, instead of \connect commands.

Well, the tradeoff is "restoring user has to be superuser" vs "restoring
user has to know everyone's authentication secrets". The former is
obviously more likely.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net