Re: ecpg compile error on AIX

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ecpg compile error on AIX
Date: 2002-01-08 00:41:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> >> Btw., I've never seen any problems related to -Wcast-align? Is the TODO
> >> item obsolete or is it platform-related?
>
> Youse guys that run on Intel hardware will never see any problems from
> it, except possibly a lost cycle here or there due to unaligned fetches.

I should have said, I've never seen any warnings generated by
-Wcast-align. Shouldn't the set of warnings at least be the same on all
platforms (at least those with the same integer size) or does it just warn
if there would actually be a problem on that platform?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net