Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...
Date: 2001-12-12 22:24:33
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart writes:

> > ... Of course, no hardcoded paths would be even
> > better...
>
> It actually is a perl script, not a full-out standalone program. It
> seems like we would need this to be a config item or at least capable of
> being overridden with Makefile.custom.

Probably the latter, by putting ifdef's around the existing assignment.

I like to keep several stylesheet releases around, so I prefer the current
method of referring to the program via the stylesheet distribution's
top-level directory, because it makes it easier to switch everything by
changing a line in Makefile.custom. This is especially important because
there were critical bug fixes in collateindex in the latest stylesheet
release (1.74b, I think), so it's good to know which one you're using
exactly and you probably don't want to use the thing in /usr/bin anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net