Re: Visio

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Visio
Date: 2001-11-29 22:43:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> I need to create a diagram of our schema. I recently obtained a copy
> of Visio. Has anyone used Visio to reverse engineer a model diagram
> from a Postgres database?? If not, can anyone recommend the best way
> to create a schema from Postgres without having to manually draw
> tables, add fields, etc...

Not with Visio, but I think there's a new tool that can take a PostgreSQL
schema and generate an XML file for use in Dia (like Visio, but runs under
Gnome).

http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
-- William Allen White