Re: 7.2b1 ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.2b1 ...
Date: 2001-10-26 18:41:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier writes:

> CVS tags have been conssitent since v7.1 ...

Allow me to consider that a joke:

REL7_2_BETA1
REL7_1_STABLE
REL7_1_BETA3
REL7_1_BETA2
REL7_1_BETA
REL7_1_2
REL7_1

So,

Where is REL7_1_1? Where is REL7_1_BETA1? What does REL7_1_BETA belong
to? What ever happened to beta4 thru beta6 or so, and rc1 through rc3?
What is the CVS tag for 7.2b1? What release is the tag REL7_2_BETA1 for?

And if there is a 7.2b1, where is 7.2a1? And do you realise that in the
GNU tradition, a release 7.2b would be a beta release leading to 7.3?

And I won't even start talking about the names of the ChangeLog files
which are fortunately gone.

All of this requires just a minute of thought and will save countless
people a headache.

Please.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter