Re: ODBC Performance

From: Joel Burton <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
To: Fábio Sato <sato(at)simepar(dot)br>
Cc: ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Performance
Date: 2001-10-18 17:48:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-15] Fbio Sato wrote:

> I'm using the ODBC Driver version 07_01_0007 with ADO and the performance
> is very disappointing... I have a procedure that update 868 rows and it is
> taking more than 5 minutes to complete.
>
> After some search on the mailing lists I've found similar problems but
> didn't find any answer to them. Can someone help me?

Are you committing after each operation, or is the ODBC driver forcing
this?

By "procedure", do you mean as PG-backend proc (in plpgsql or something
like that), or do you mean client-side procedure that calls PG 868 times?

--

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant