Re: J2SE 1.4 and other patches

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
Cc: <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: J2SE 1.4 and other patches
Date: 2001-10-18 17:41:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Joseph Shraibman writes:

> Right. And a maintainer needs to make a jdbc3 direcotry and modifiy the ant files to use
> it when it detects a jdk of 1.4+

Couldn't the JDBC 3 stuff be implemented in the JDBC 2 driver as
extension? The only reason we have a jdbc1 vs jdbc2 split is so that we
can use jdk 1.2 functionality for the implementation of the JDBC 2
driver. So unless there is something in jdk 1.3 or 1.4 that is required
or really useful for JDBC 3 we could probably avoid opening up yet another
directory that always gets out of sync.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter