Re: ODBC driver for Windows

From: Joel Burton <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
To: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows
Date: 2001-10-17 17:46:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, David Link wrote:

> I'm looking through the documentation, I'm trying to figure this out.
>
> How can I get a client up and running, 'psql' and an ODBC driver for
> postgreSQL on Windows? Do I need to install the entire database with
> cygwin?
>
> I'm playing around with Macromedia's Dreamweaver and ColdFusion which
> can use ODBC to connect to databases. (It can also use JDBC, OLE DB and
> has native support for Oracle and others -- not PG though :-)

ODBC driver, instructions & FAQ at odbc.postgresql.org.

Don't need to install cygwin at all; unless you don't have a
Linux/Unix/BSD box to use as the PostgreSQL *server*.

If you want to run psql natively under Windows, you can get a copy with
the excellent pgadmin tool, pgadmin.postgresql.org. Personally, I prefer
to run psql through telnet or ssh on my Linux box, as it's faster & can
use readline.

There's a ML to discuss ODBC+PostgreSQL at pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

HTH,

--

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant