Re: Bug #447: lost connection to back end

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <terryhughes(at)kirkcudbright(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #447: lost connection to back end
Date: 2001-09-11 13:17:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Terry Hughes (terryhughes(at)kirkcudbright(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk) reports a bug with a severity of 3

> If I do a select in psql with a fairly large number of rows expected
> to be returned , i get a message to say that the connection to the
> back end has been terminated.

If you are not using PostgreSQL 7.1.3, please consider an upgrade.

If you are, and we are supposed to fix the bug, then we need to see it
happen for ourselves first. That means we need the table schema, the
table data, the queries, etc.

You could also try to generate a backtrace from the core dump that the
crashed backend must have left in your $PGDATA directory.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter