Re: Assessment on namespace clean include file names

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assessment on namespace clean include file names
Date: 2001-08-24 19:33:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> I see no reason why we can't drop the other shoe and stop exporting
> libpq-int.h (or more accurately, move it out of the public namespace,
> same as you propose for backend headers).

> "server" may not be a great choice if we want to stick libpq-int.h into
> it too...

The directory wasn't meant as a place for hiding things to avoid using
them, it was supposed to be a really official place for interfacing to the
server. If we want to hide things maybe we should have an "obsolete"
subdirectory or some such.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter