Re: SSL problem

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Namrata <nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL problem
Date: 2001-06-20 14:50:02
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Namrata writes:

> I am trying to start the postmaster with SSL support. -l option is used to start the postmaster to start with ssl support. when I am trying to start
> with -l option, it searches for server.crt and server.key file. I have bothe files in data directory.
> but each time when I am trying to start the postmaster with -l option, I am getting following error
>
> Failed to load private key file (data/server.key): problems getting password

If you have protected the certificate or key files with a password, the
server will prompt you for the password when it starts, so make sure
you're not setting the standard input to /dev/null or something like that.
(If you're using pg_ctl to start the server this is probably the case.)

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter