Re: Postgresql 7.1.2

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <mpeters(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.1.2
Date: 2001-06-09 10:01:40
Lists: pgsql-general

mpeters(at)mac(dot)com writes:

> Howdy- saw your e-mail in the postgresql install file, hope you don't
> mind me writing.

You must have missed

Note: If you are having problems with the installation on a
supported platform, please write to <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> or
<pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>, not to the people listed here.

;-)

> Postgresql compiles and runs fine- but the database directories are
> named by numbers, not by names-

This is new in 7.1.

> which ain't how it is on my linux boxes
> (nor how its described in the pgsql doc)

If you can still find that reference in the 7.1 docs, please point it out
so it can be fixed.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter