Re: place for newbie postgresql hackers to work

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: James Buchanan <jamesb(at)northnet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: place for newbie postgresql hackers to work
Date: 2001-06-06 15:25:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

James Buchanan writes:

> Could I ask a huge favour of the experienced PostgreSQL hackers to make a
> simple page on the postgreSQL.org website listing TODO items that newbie
> hackers can get stuck into?

If there were such places then everyone would be working there and soon
there wouldn't be anything left to do there. ;-)

Traditionally, people work on things that they personally like to see
improved. Reading the mailing lists will point out areas that are
currently little maintained, and also things that people often complain
about but which are not easy to fix.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter