Re: libpq++ in Apache Problem.

From: <pgsql-interfaces(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq++ in Apache Problem.
Date: 2001-06-05 18:17:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 31 May 2001, jtv wrote:
>On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 07:42:46AM -0700, pgsql-interfaces(at)commandprompt(dot)com wrote:
>>The next step in trouble-shooting this I suppose is to build the dummy
>>Apache module with libpq++ and see if it the same behavior is exhibited.
>>If not, it's got to be something deeper in the core of my module.
>Have you tried using just libpq, and just "inlining" the code that libpq++
>*should* be executing based on your invocations? Sounds like you don't even
>need the PQresult structure to reproduce the problem, so it should be doable.

Unfortunately, this is a kind of at a deep level in an application
utilizing libpq++, and it'd be somewhat nightmarish to refactor all the
libpq++ code into procedural libpq.

Theoretically I could use libpq for this one function, since my other
libpq++ objects live and die correctly with the httpd process, and have
the two different APIs co-existing, it's just not ideal.

Moreover, I want to know WHY this is happening! ;) This is truly bizarre.

Jw.
--
jlx(at)commandprompt(dot)com by way of pgsql-interfaces(at)commandprompt(dot)com