Re: Translation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Ludovic PENET <ludovicpenet(at)europe(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Translation
Date: 2001-04-25 17:43:51
Lists: pgsql-docs

Ludovic PENET writes:

> I read your manuals a few months ago and thought that it might be useful for
> both of us that I write a french version of the manuals I am to read. If you
> think this can be of value, please tell me how to do it, what is your
> documentation handling procedure, etc.

We don't have infrastructure to handle translations in tree yet, but I
have plans to do this soon. If you want to get started, I suggest the
following guidelines:

* work on SGML sources only

* keep a note in each file about the CVS revision of the original version
of the file

* keep structure intact, do not add or remove information

* The stylesheets we are using have support for languages other than
English (for words like "Chapter"). Check the documentation of the
stylesheets.

If you have questions, this list is the place to ask.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter