Re: [HACKERS] Re: three VERY minor things with 7.1 final

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: David George <david(at)onyxsoft(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: three VERY minor things with 7.1 final
Date: 2001-04-19 20:48:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> I'm tempted to rip out the configure check for sfio, but if it's only
> broken on some systems and really is useful on others, then we have to
> try to figure out how to tell if it's broken :-(

I just installed sfio here and built PostgreSQL with it and didn't see any
difference. Which is not surprising because libsfio doesn't define any
symbols that PostgreSQL uses. (It's a completely separate interface, all
the functions are named sf*.) What you'd really need to use is libstdio
(plus libsfio), which is a wrapper. So I removed the check in configure
because it obviously had a net negative benefit.

Those who want to use it can still add '-lstdio -lsfio' to LIBS.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter