Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page
Date: 2001-02-14 22:20:12
Lists: pgsql-docs

Vince Vielhaber writes:

> Remember Tom Lane said he removed the number type filenames from the docs.
> Many of the things that disappeared when /docs went away I fixed with
> links into 7.0's docs, but there are no number type filenames anywhere
> in any of the docsets.

That was me and it was in the 7.1 docs. The 7.0 docs still have the
numbered file names. Positively nothing changed in the 7.0 docs since it
was released that could have affected file names or other types of links.
The bulk of the messages that we received in the last few days were people
looking for files in /docs (as opposed to /users-lounge/docs) and they
got there through the search engine. That simply means the search engine
needs to be updated.