Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 404 Error on Documentation Page
Date: 2001-02-14 22:50:03
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber writes:
>
> > Remember Tom Lane said he removed the number type filenames from the docs.
> > Many of the things that disappeared when /docs went away I fixed with
> > links into 7.0's docs, but there are no number type filenames anywhere
> > in any of the docsets.
>
> That was me and it was in the 7.1 docs. The 7.0 docs still have the
> numbered file names. Positively nothing changed in the 7.0 docs since it
> was released that could have affected file names or other types of links.
> The bulk of the messages that we received in the last few days were people
> looking for files in /docs (as opposed to /users-lounge/docs) and they
> got there through the search engine. That simply means the search engine
> needs to be updated.

The reason I pointed it at the users lounge docs is because of the date
of the docs that *used* to be in /docs were somewhere in July or August.
They were alot closer to the 7.0 stuff than 7.1 since the 7.0 docs were
from May.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com