postgres not in pg_shadow

From: Michele Heikkilä <michele(at)st(dot)jyu(dot)fi>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres not in pg_shadow
Date: 2001-02-14 16:14:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have installed Postgres to Linux 2.2.16-22 and everything seemed to go
fine until I tried to create a new database. I get the error message "USer
no in pg_shadow". When I try createuser connected as postgres, I get the
same message.

So:

su postgres
createuser newuser

asks me the couple of questions and then tells me that user 'postgres' is
not in pg_shadow.

Any hints on this one?

Michele Heikkilä
Information technology, U of Jyväskylä, Finland