Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

From: Michael Stephenson <mstephenson(at)tirin(dot)openworld(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets
Date: 2001-01-24 11:35:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> In a current development project, we need the 'Scrollable Resultset'
> functionality, which does not seem to exist in the driver for PostgreSQL
> 7.0.3. We basically want to retrieve a set of records into a result set
> and then browse through the records in the result set.

One of us is confused.

'TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE' ResultSets are already supported in the
PostgreSQL 7.0.3 release drivers (jdbc2). ie previous(), next(),
relative(), absolute(), afterLast(), beforeFirst(), isAfterLast(),
isBeforeFirst(), isFirst(), isLast(), last() are all implemented.

> Is it available in the driver for PostgreSQL 7.1? Will it be available
> in the release version.

Assuming we haven't got our wires crossed somewhere, yes, and yes.

Michael Stephenson mstephenson(at)openworld(dot)co(dot)uk
Developer - Web Applications - Open World
Tel: +44 1225 444 950 Fax: +44 1225 336 738