Join question

From: Mike Friesen <mfriesen(at)pmcanada(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Join question
Date: 2001-01-06 22:54:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have two tables which have an identical column and their indexes are
based on this column. I am trying to do a join on these two tables, but
it takes forever for postgresql to join these two tables.

The command i'm using is:
select * from icpr,iprc where icpr.prod_no='23' AND
icpr.prod_no=iprc.prod_no;

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've tried to cluster both
tables based on their indexes, but it's still extremely slow..

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike