Autentication and ODBC

From: "Diego A(dot) Puertas F(dot)" <dpuertas(at)uc(dot)edu(dot)ve>
To: PostgreSQL Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Autentication and ODBC
Date: 2000-11-28 20:15:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a way to ask for user autentication when an ODBC connection
betwen Access and Postgres is stablished?

I'm using Access 97 as a frontend for Postgres 7.02, several users
are going to be using this frontend and I need autentication for them. So
far I've managed to do the conection, but I've to type the name of a
certain user (and his password!) on the configuration menu for the
conection, this is no good at all, I only have one user and his password
is published for the world to see.

What I would like is that login and password were asked when the ODBC is
done.

Thanks in advance.

| Diego A. Puertas Fernández |
| Ingeniero de Operaciones |