invalid page header

From: Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: invalid page header
Date: 2003-09-25 19:01:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks!

I have a problem again, now with PostgreSQL 7.3.4. One of my 1.8 million
rows tables have damaged, it operated all the day and now it is off, we
don`t know the reason. When we try to dump or select from it, it says
'Invalid page header in block 12345 in prep'.

Does anybody know how to make our table healthy again?
I have read oin the manual about pg_resetxlog, it says it may fix the
problem, but I should use it only as last solution. What is the risk of
using it? May it damage other tables?

Thanks in advance,
Laszlo Hornyak