Testing the return value of fclose() in the backend

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Testing the return value of fclose() in the backend
Date: 2003-04-16 05:01:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

There are various places in the backend, such as FreeFile(), where the
return value of fclose() is not tested. Whilst we would often notice any
problems with writing to data files due to testing on fsync(), it could
affect things like COPY ... TO, CreateOptsFile() and more.

Are we catching these somewhere else I'm not seeing?

Gavin