Re: Please eHelp me in unsubscribing from the list

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: savita <savita(at)india(dot)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2003-02-04 07:41:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, savita wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please let me know how to unsubscribe from the list I have sent mail to
> majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org
>
> 100 times but I am still getting the mails

You probably are already doing this but...you absolutely have to make sure that
the emails you send to majordomo appear to be from the exact same address that
the list is sending to you at. I'm not sure whether it's just the bit between
the < > which is important or everything but it can't harm you to get all of
it the same.

I do know the troubles you are having. I managed to subscribe to the admin list
twice at the start because my outgoing From field gets a very slightly
different address for me than the one I quote people. I managed to unsubscribe
only one of the addresses. To this day I get emails from the list but all my
emails to it get moderated because I'm not on the list. That's life as they
say. Although as things go that's not as bad as life can be so I don't worry
about it.

--
Nigel J. Andrews