Re: Perl DBI and placeheld values

From: Andrew Perrin <clists(at)perrin(dot)socsci(dot)unc(dot)edu>
To: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perl DBI and placeheld values
Date: 2003-01-30 02:54:21
Lists: pgsql-general

One option would be to check the output of a function from the Date::Manip
package, which could be used to check for a valid timestamp; if it's
undef(), return the original string; otherwise, return a timestamp. Then
you could write a custom quote() that would be sensitive to the function
vs. literal issue.

ap

clists(at)perrin(dot)socsci(dot)unc(dot)edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu