Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Date: 2003-01-05 22:44:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5 Jan 2003, Neil Conway wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 17:15, Dave Page wrote:
> > There were always ads there
>
> Yes -- but AFAIK there were in the process of being phased out
> (furthermore, the old site only had ads on the initial mirror page,
> whereas they are much more widespread on the new site).

Good point.

Marc, would it be possible to get a look at the figures involved: cost of
hosting and income generated from ads. With these, we might be able to
think up some alternative funding arrangements which make the site(s) look
more professional whilst still covering the cost to the same extent.

Thanks,

Gavin