Re: ODBC + MS-Access fails with MD5 pwds if not specified in

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC + MS-Access fails with MD5 pwds if not specified in
Date: 2002-10-01 08:52:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This has been discussed at length in the past. (Search the
archives.) Basically, md5 passwords are not supported with the
win32 ODBC driver, and for that matter it does not provide much
security anyway because the connection is not encrypted so all of
the data transferred after logging in securely will be "plain text".

BTW, you may or may not want to look at my method of opening a ODBC
connection in Access (97). It can be a pain to get access/windoze
to use a supplied username/password not give the default ODBC
connection dialog when opening the connection, but I managed to find
a way. (This allows you to make your own custom login form, if this
is important to you). Search google for "odbcrowsource".

HTH
-Cedar

=====