[NOVICE] Re: connecting OBDC

From: valcauda Stéphane <valcauda(dot)aderis(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Subject: [NOVICE] Re: connecting OBDC
Date: 2002-10-01 08:51:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

thanks for you answers.

I have already had a look on the list's archive but found nothing.
I don't have system administrator, my network is very little (3 computers)
but while I will use
PostGres whith my student I make test on my own network before.

I put the IP adress of my computer (which is the server) but it still
doesn't work.do it
for me if the server is correct, I can see 2 problems :
1/ the database name. The help says that we should give the path of the
database. With Postgres I have the
classic usr\share\postgresql\data and my database is called TEST but I don't
see TEST directory or file. And I don't
know if I should put the NT path (with CYGWIN root before) or the cygwin
path usr/share/...

2/ The users password. I've got problem with the login command. I can
connect on my account but I can"t change user
with login. I tried mkPasswd, put "" password. But it doesn't work.

thanks for help