large objects

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects
Date: 2002-06-29 11:27:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I've been away from the PG scene for a while now and I haven't been
keeping up with the news. Does PG support vacuuming of large
objects yet? If no, is there a method to do this manually from a
cron job or something?

What I have in mind is to build an image library. File sizes will
probably range from 500K to 2MB. I would be building the interface
in PHP. Does anyone know a system that's already been written that
would works good for this, preferably free / GPL, etc. I want
something designed specifically for this purpose, and not just a
"document" repository type of thing.

Thanks,
-Cedar