Re: Graphical Tool

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Gaston Micheri <ggmsistemas(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Graphical Tool
Date: 2002-05-23 01:39:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Gaston Micheri wrote:

> Hello, anybody can tell me about a graphical tool that help me when I wanna
> relate tables from a postgre database and make referential integrity between
> them?
> Thank you!
> Gaston.-

PgAccess will give you a graphical frontend to postgres, as will
PgAdmin-II. PgAccess won't enable you to drag and drop columns between tables
in some graphical representation of a design in order to create references
though. I can't speak for PgAdmin but I doubt that provides that functionality
also, although I'll happily be ocrrected here.

PgAccess will however let you draw your design it just doesn't generate the
commands to implement it. May be this is an enhancement to be considered. On
the other hand it's not terribly difficult to write the command to add a
foriegn key.

[Note, you may want to avoid hiding recepient addresses in future, I've added
pgsql-general myself since this obviously came through that list but I've
omitted -hackers since this isn't a hacker issue. I have added -interfaces
though because of my enhancement comment and I know some pgaccess programmers
only read that list.]

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director