Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date: 2002-05-02 02:05:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Ian Barwick wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> [snipped]
> > My gut feeling is that "\d mytab" should tell you about the same
> > table that "select * from mytab" would find. Anything else is
> > probably noise to you --
>
> General consistency with SELECT behaviour sounds right to me.

I take it temporary tables are going to be included in such a list, since that
would seem sensible from the SELECT behaviour point of view, and may be even
also from the user's point of view.

So, how does one determine the current schema for temporary tables, i.e. what
name would be in search_path if it wasn't implicitly included? (Just throwing
ideas around in my head)

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director