Suggestion for To Do List - Client timeout please.

From: Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggestion for To Do List - Client timeout please.
Date: 2001-08-20 05:07:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Possibly create a timeout for psql. pg_dump, pg_restore and other clients.
If they can not connect to a certain host within a certain period it will
quit with an error. I have psql's still running for 6 days from crontab
that could not connect to a bogus IP address.

I checked the idocs and searched on google for "pg_dump timeout".

Thankyou.