ever growing pkey files

From: matthew(dot)copeland(at)honeywell(dot)com
To: PostgreSqlAdmin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ever growing pkey files
Date: 2001-08-14 14:50:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a database that has two tables. One of the tables gets changed
very often. (like every 5 minutes). The values that where in the table
are replaced with a new set of values with new unique keys. Now, I vacuum
these tables fairly often, but the pkey files for these tables never seem
to get smaller. They just keep growing. What do I have to do to make the
pkey files flush there extra blocks?

PostgreSQL version 7.0.3 running under Linux.

Matthew M. Copeland