Allow IDENT authentication on local connections (Linux only)

From: Helge Bahmann <bahmann(at)math(dot)tu-freiberg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Allow IDENT authentication on local connections (Linux only)
Date: 2001-07-31 09:56:42
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hello,

the attached patch against 7.1.2 allows to use identd-like authentication
on unix domain sockets.

This is done by getting the uid of the connecting process via
getsockopt(... SO_PEERCRED ...) which to my knowledge is Linux-specific,
but I may be wrong.

The patch does not contain a configure macro to enable the feature, add
#define HAVE_SO_PEERCRED 1
to include/config.h before building to activate it.

I have been using this feature since 7.0.1 and would be grateful if
something like this could be integrated.

Regards,
Helge

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg-ident-local.diff text/plain 4.1 KB