Re: Sync Data

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Paulo Angelo <pa(at)bsb(dot)conectiva(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sync Data
Date: 2001-06-01 07:54:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Paulo,

It is unclear exactly what you want PostgreSQL to do but it seems to me
that if you want to Sync data into a central database at some point or
other during the day, you should design your application to take care of
it, not rely on PostgreSQL to do anything special.

That is, simply move all the data from the smaller databases to the
central database with a scheduled processing system.

Gavin