Re: 7.1.1 backend crashes on updates to very large text columns

From: "Norman J(dot) Clarke" <norman(at)combimatrix(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1.1 backend crashes on updates to very large text columns
Date: 2001-05-28 17:56:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Tom,

While you were busy responding (should have checked email sooner!) my
coworker helped me go through the core file and we found the exact
problem, which was of course what you pointed out. A little wasted time
maybe, but it was neat to see what was really going on. Thanks very much
for getting back to me so quickly!

Norm

Norman Clarke
Combimatrix Corp Software Development