Pg - Perl 5 prob

From: Ludwig Meyerhoff <ludwig(at)antar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg - Perl 5 prob
Date: 2001-05-25 00:03:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hallo!

I made an debian update of postgresql, from 6.5.?? to 7.0.1. (?) ...
That worked fine. I then created my database and access user again,
started psql and created the database from the dump I have made some time
ago.

In fact, the database is created, all the table are there, empty, as I
have saved them.
Logged in as user ludwig I can insert data with no problem.

But as my small Perl-program tries to connect to the database, that does
not work. postgres.log: "Peer authentication failed for user 'ludwig'"

What to do?

Ludwig